Wednesday 2 July 2014

Bedside manner anecdote part 1

Me attempting to calm down very angry and aggressive patient: (About 4th attempt at explaining to the patient that she has had an intracranial haemorrhage which is why she needs to be in hospital and that she needs to calm down (stop punching us!) so we can examine her) So the reason you are in hospital is because you became unwell at home so your husband has brought you in, your brain scan has shown you have had a bleed on your brain.  Do you understand this?

Angry patient: Well you dont even have a bleedin' brain!

Well played patient, well played.


1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete